Saturday, March 22, 2014

Timex Team Camp!

Last weekend I got to attend my first Team Timex camp at the IMG Academy in Braedenton, FL.  Being a rookie to the team this year, I wasn't sure what to expect - but I have to say I certainly wasn't disappointed!
 

Timex Camp is not a training camp, although we do get time to train while we are there (good thing, because IM Los Cabos is coming soon!).  This is more of an opportunity to meet the entire team, learn about our sponsors, products and give feedback to them, and overall learn how to be an ambassador for our sport and sponsors.  An awesome learning experience!

I liked the format of this camp quite a bit; for me, being on a team is about the energy and community created among the team members.  It gives a greater sense of purpose and excitement to pushing ourselves (and encouraging others) to be better every day.
I came into camp not knowing many people on the team and knowing only a few of them in passing at races over the years.  But it didn't take long to feel like I was one of the family - 50+ new friends, instantly!
 
 
 We heard from a few of our sponsors about new products coming out soon and we were also able to give them feedback on our experiences using their products.  Timex, Trek, Shimano, Blueseventy and Skins were on hand to give us updates.  Exciting things are coming soon from Timex - you're going to love it!  And as for my Trek Speed Concept coming soon...watch out, this thing is dangerous!!!
 

Needless to say, I am proud to be a part of the TIMEX Multisport Team, this fabulous group of 50 athletes who travel the world competing in the toughest endurance events. Each one of us truly embraces the core values of our sport and are always happy to share our experiences!
 
Next up - Ironman Los Cabos - next weekend.  I'm feeling ready, even more so now that I have the backing of my Timex Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment